GW4 Cancer Research Consortium Workshop
24 May, 2016 – 25 May, 2016
Bailbrook House Hotel, Bath, BA1 7JD
GW4 Cancer is a new GW4 initiator programme that has been established to encourage cross-institutional collaborations capitalising on the breadth of complementary expertise and high impact cancer research at the GW4 institutions. Our aim is to apply for large strategic grant applications and to establish a cross-centre non-clinical doctoral training programme in cancer.
The first GW4 Cancer Research Consortium workshop is an opportunity to network, identify our strengths and how these can be harnessed to underpin large strategic grant applications. This 2 day workshop will be professionally facilitated with the following objectives:
1. Showcasing current scientific research
2. Documenting an inventory of skills, expertise and facilities that can be shared
3. Brainstorming to identify novel exciting ways to competitively address grand challenge questions in cancer research.
4. Identifying resources required to underpin large strategic grant applications.
5. Drafting an action plan for a doctoral cancer training programme
6. Outlining a future strategy for sustainability of GW4Cancer.
It will be beneficial to the success of the consortium to attend both days of the workshop. In discussion with the facilitators it has been decided that the workshop agenda will be fluid to meet the needs of the working group and to achieve the above objectives.
Register for the event
Deadline for registration is 17 May 2016 at 12pm