About GW4 Crucible
GW4 Crucible brings together 30 competitively selected future research leaders to explore how you can enhance your career by working with researchers in other disciplines, how your research can have greater impact, and how you can build your careers.
Over a series of three residential workshops, known as ‘labs’, you will explore working in an interdisciplinary and collaborative way, and will have the chance to connect with expert guest speakers, enhancing your professional networks and visibility.
GW4 Crucible is an excellent opportunity for you to consider new approaches to your research and its impact, to enhance your leadership potential and career development, and to network with peers and experts from across GW4 and beyond.
The programme will provide you with the following benefits:
- Enhanced ability to think creatively and innovatively about your approach to your research
- Increased understanding of the impact of policy-making and other broader influences on your research and how you can ensure your research has its own impact on these
- Enhanced understanding of your own personal impact and effectiveness, and how to use your skills to further your career aspirations
- Increased visibility amongst a range of connected, thought provoking and influential people, including senior research and policy leaders in the GW4 institutions and beyond
- Opportunity to start building collaborations across disciplines and institutions