About Innovation & research excellence
GW4 brings together the South West and Wales’ four leading, research-intensive universities. Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter Universities are collaborating through their research to address the key global challenges for the benefit of society and the economy.
The collaborative strength of the GW4 gives a new and competitive edge not only in the UK, but internationally. With a combined turnover well in excess of £1bn, GW4 has a research power of significant scale.
Building on existing collaborations, the Universities work together across all academic activity, opening up more opportunities to collaborate in common areas of shared facilities, learning, training, development and other resources.
- GW4 DTP/CDT Leadership Initiative Launch, Watershed, 26 November 2014 October 16, 2014
- Major funding announced for GW4 bioscience students October 3, 2014
- Funding boost for research September 25, 2014
- New forms of connected objects- Six innovative prototypes unveiled at London Design Festival 2014 September 24, 2014
- “Communication for Collaboration” is a resounding success September 17, 2014