About Innovation & research excellence
GW4 brings together the South West and Wales’ four leading, research-intensive universities. Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter Universities are collaborating through their research to address the key global challenges for the benefit of society and the economy.
The collaborative strength of the GW4 gives a new and competitive edge not only in the UK, but internationally. With a combined turnover well in excess of £1bn, GW4 has a research power of significant scale.
Building on existing collaborations, the Universities work together across all academic activity, opening up more opportunities to collaborate in common areas of shared facilities, learning, training, development and other resources.
- “Communication for Collaboration” is a resounding success September 17, 2014
- GW4 response to the Consultation on Proposals for Long-Term Capital Investment in Science and Research July 18, 2014
- Building world-leading research communities May 30, 2014
- GW4 launches research fund to tackle world’s ‘grand challenges’ March 7, 2014
- GW4 Alliance launches NERC GW4 Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) to train next generation of environmental scientists January 21, 2014