GW4 Crucible 2019 – Digital Innovation
- an expert in the development of digital technologies, or
- developing effective applications of digital technologies, or
- interested in linking your research to digital innovation, or
- interested in focussing on the impact of digital innovation on the world we live in, and vice-versa?
And are you:
- the holder of a PhD (or equivalent) and see yourself at the cusp of research independence?
- passionate about developing research with impact?
- enthusiastic about working in an interdisciplinary environment?
- employed at one of the GW4 universities for the duration of the GW4 Crucible programme (until June 2019)?
- able to commit to attending the three residential, 2-day workshops? (it is a requirement of the Crucible programme to attend all labs in full and to stay away overnight at the venues as shown below):
- Lab 1 – 6/7 February 2019, Bailbrook House, Bath
- Lab 2 – 20/21 March 2019, Padbrook Park, Devon
- Lab 3 – 7/8 May 2019, New House Hotel, Cardiff
What is GW4 CRUCIBLE?
GW4 Crucible brings together 30 competitively selected future research leaders to explore how you can enhance your career by working with researchers in other disciplines, how your research can have greater impact, and how you can build your careers.
Over a series of three residential workshops, known as ‘labs’, you will explore working in an interdisciplinary and collaborative way, and will have the chance to connect with expert guest speakers, enhancing your professional networks and visibility.
GW4 Crucible provides an excellent opportunity for you to consider new approaches to your research and its impact, to enhance your leadership potential and career development, and to network with peers and experts from across GW4 and beyond.
The programme will provide you with the following benefits:
- Enhanced ability to think creatively and innovatively about your approach to your research and its wider impact
- Increased understanding of the impact of policy and other broader influences on your research and how you can impact on these through your research
- Enhanced understanding of your own personal impact and effectiveness, and how to use your skills to further your career aspirations
- Increased visibility amongst a range of connected, thought provoking and influential people, including senior research and policy leaders in the GW4 institutions and beyond
- Opportunity to start building collaborations across disciplines and institutions.
GW4 CRUCIBLE 2019: DIGITAL INNOVATION
GW4 Crucible 2019 will focus around the theme of ‘Digital Innovation’. The challenge of developing research in this increasingly important area is dependent upon coordinated interdisciplinary efforts, and as a result we would like to welcome applications from researchers in a range of disciplines, from the humanities, arts and social sciences, to science, computer science, health sciences and engineering.
If you’re interested in applying to take part in GW4 Crucible 2019 you may have experience and/or an interest in a range of themes around Digital Innovation. Digital Innovation applies across academic disciplines and across society, and depending on its application will present different challenges and opportunities to transform our world.
To receive an application pack, contact the GW4 Developing People Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a little information about your current role, your area of research and one or two lines on why you are interested in applying. The deadline for expressions of interest is Monday 19th November 2018. The final deadline for completed applications is midday on Friday 30th November 2018.