GW4 Technical Staff Webinar Series 2021January 27, 2021 - July 27, 2021
The GW4 Technical Staff Webinar Series aims to encourage collaboration and sharing of best practice across the GW4 Alliance universities by bringing together technical staff and external speakers to discuss key topics in a webinar format.
The GW4WARD programme supports GW4 technical staff at all career stages across the alliance. This webinar series compliments other development opportunities for technical staff under the GW4WARD umbrella, such as our professional registration scheme and travel bursaries.
The webinars will be offered monthly, from January to July, with each focused on a different theme. By providing a rich programme of webinars, the aim is to both support professional development in a variety of relevant skill areas, and to provide a valuable networking opportunity for colleagues from across the GW4 Alliance.
The webinars are aimed at all those employed as technical staff at the GW4 universities of Bath, Bristol, Cardiff or Exeter.
The launch event will take place on Wednesday 27th January, and details of each of the webinars in this series can be found below. If you have any questions, please contact the Talent and Skills team at email@example.com.
Launch event: Technicians Commitment
This event marks the launch of our new GW4 Technical Staff Webinar Series, which aims to encourage collaboration and sharing of best practice across the region by bringing together technical staff and external speakers to discuss key topics in a webinar format.
Date and time: Wednesday 27th January, 2-4pm
Speaker: Kelly Vere, Midlands Innovation TALENT programme
Host: Anneke Lubben, University of Bath
To attend, please register via this form. Online event joining instructions will be sent to all registered participants via email.
Further dates for your diary
- w/c 22nd February 2021 (date TBC) – Digital Skills for Technical Staff
- 25th March 2021 – UKRI: Supporting Technicians in a Research Environment (UKRI, Ellen Meek, Nikolay Ogryzko)
- w/c 19th April 2021 (date TBC) – Professional Registration (Science Council, Jane Banks, Stephen Franey)
- 26th May 2021 – NC3Rs (GW4 NC3Rs, Jess Eddy)
- 22nd June 2021 – Be Green: Sustainability in Research (LEAF, Martin Farley, Anna Lewis – Bristol)
- 27th July 2021 – An Introduction to HEaTED: CPD for Technical Staff (HEaTED, Liam Barr)
Registration links for each webinar will be shared approximately one month prior to the event.