The aim of this event is to provide a space for PhD students to share insights from their research and develop their capacity to present their work effectively. It is also an opportunity to network with other PhD students and academics working in the field of social protection.
The day will be run by Rana Jawad (Senior Lecturer in Social Policy as the University of Bath and PI of the GW4 Social Protection Project).
The seminar seeks to engage with the following questions:
- How do can researchers, make sense of the social protection agenda in a manner which can effectively engage policy-makers and practitioners?
- In what ways does it replace or reinforce pre-exiting social policy structures?
- How can social policy change be managed in this time of social transformation?
- Can low and middle countries engage in policy learning?
- How does policy learning happen in order to foster more effective, efficient and inclusive social protection policies?
Please register via the Eventbrite page.
You will be asked to submit an abstract prior to receiving confirmation of your invitation to attend. The deadline for abstract submissions is 15 July 2019.
Funding is available towards travel and accommodation up to the amount of £30 per person.
For any enquiries, please contact Tara Jessop at firstname.lastname@example.org