This project has been developed from the Initiator funded Dying Well After a Long Life community.
Project period: May to November 2015
GW4 community leads
University of Bath: Dr Jeremy Dixon
University of Bristol: Professor Richard Huxtable
Cardiff University: Professor Jenny Kitzinger
University of Exeter: Professor Linda Clare
Demographic, technological, organisational, political and social changes create new challenges at the end of life. This GW4 community is focused on understanding and improving the end of life for the growing number of people with reduced agency (e.g. linked to dementia, disorders of consciousness or frailty/chronic conditions in advanced old age).
Our community aims to:
- increase capacity and integration of our work about end-of-life across GW4 and ensure sustainability;
- ensure public/patient involvement as we develop a cross-university research agenda;
- increase the profile of, and dialogue about, the work we do through the public/policy engagement events and conference presentation(s);
- generate (at least one) publication;
- develop research bids to inform future work to research, and improve end of life support for people with reduced agency.