British Academy Early Career Researcher Network South West Hub Development Fund
The British Academy Early Career Researcher Network (BA ECRN) South West Hub, led by GW4 Alliance in partnership with the Universities of Bath, Bath Spa, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, Gloucestershire, Plymouth and UWE, invites applications to the Development Fund scheme for 2023-24.
The Development fund is a continuation of the Early Career Researcher led events fund that has seen 9 events held by and for ECRs in the South West from October 2022 to June 2023. The fund provides an opportunity for ECRs to hold an event, with expenses of up to £3000, which promote networking, collaboration, knowledge sharing or develops skills throughout the region, and can be extended to the wider ECR network if appropriate.
Aims of the BA ECRN Development Fund Scheme
The aim of this scheme is to enable ECRs Network members to organise and facilitate an event, which can be thematic, subject/discipline based, community engagement, knowledge exchange or for Networking and does the following;
- Brings BA ECRN members and others together to share ideas, knowledge and learning.
- Provides a space for intellectual discussion.
- Helps to facilitate collaborations opportunities.
- Enables an opportunity for Networking.
Development Fund Details and Eligibility
The applications for The Development Fund scheme are not subject to a deadline, but these should be submitted as early as possible before your intended event date. All events must take place within 12 months of the application.
The development fund covers event costs up to £3000 and operates on an expense back model. Application form and further guidance can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
The Grant will cover cost of:
- Venue hire
- Catering and refreshments
- Printing Costs
- Speaker fee (up to £500),
- flipcharts and illustrators.
It will not cover:
- Software or hardware,
- International events,
- Speaker or travel costs,
- Costs for dependents or spouses to attend events,
- Research costs.
Network members can access up to £3000 to organise and host an event, roundtable, meeting, training, or workshop for the Early Career Researcher Network. Please see the requirements below.
To be eligible, you will:
- Be a member of the British Academy Early Career Researcher Network;
- Be putting on event in the South West;
- The event should be for ECRs either in the Southwest or Nationally, non ECRN members can attend but can’t make up more than 10% of attendees;
- The Development Fund operates on an expense back model. Your institution must be willing to cover costs of the event and then expense back the costs from the BA after completion.
If you are not already a member you can follow this link to sign up to the British Academy Early Career Network.