British Academy ECRN South West Hub – Seed Funding Award Scheme
Please note that applications are now closed.
The British Academy Early Career Researcher Network (BA ECRN) South West Hub, led by GW4 Alliance in partnership with the Universities of Bath, Bath Spa, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, Gloucestershire, Plymouth and UWE, invites applications to a new seed funding award scheme.
The BA ECRN aims to create an environment where all early career researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences can realise their potential by providing access to resources, opportunities and professional connections that might otherwise be unavailable.
Aims of the BA ECRN South West Hub Seed Funding Awards
The aim of this scheme will be to create and support new cross-sector research partnerships and offer the funding to support ECR career development. These small awards (of up to £3K) will support the direct costs associated with activities that support new research, the development of new stakeholder relationships, broadening knowledge of a sector, future career options or accessing resources and facilities. Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- Travel and subsistence costs related to research, cross-institutional collaboration or conference/event attendance;
- Activity outside of academia with heritage, cultural and arts institutions, private and public sectors and industry
- Charity, industry or public sector research engagement;
- Public and widening participation engagement activities
We cannot cover investigator or staff salaries, or overheads.
These awards aim to be flexible and agile, responding to the needs of BA ECRN members and are an opportunity to develop new partnerships and explore innovative and more risky, novel concepts. We are happy to discuss project proposals with applicants – please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Funding Details and Eligibility
Funds will be made available to successful applicants starting in October and must be fully spent by the end of February. You will be expected to provide a brief report on the award by March 2023 outlining how the funding was used and what was achieved. As this funding is aligned to financial years spend must be concluded in this timescale.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of academic and professional service leads from Hub partner institutions.
To be eligible, you will:
- Be a member of the British Academy Early Career Researcher Network;
- Be associated with the South West Hub;
- Agree that all spend will be complete by end of February;
- Agree to provide a short report on the award by March.
If you are not already a member of the British Academy Early Career Network, you can sign up here.