Join us at the LSI, Seminar Rooms A&B from 11am-1pm on 16th April 2024 for an informative and engaging session, where you can learn more about GW4’s strategic priorities, programmes of work, funding schemes and the audience groups who we work with and support.
The event will be an opportunity to:
- Hear from the GW4 Alliance Director, Dr Joanna Jenkinson, about GW4’s four research priority themes – Sustainable Net Zero, Health and Wellbeing, Cyber and Digital, and Creative Communities – and how you can get involved. (Including our recently launched GW4 Mental Health network).
- Learn how GW4 could help support your research secure external funding and hear about GW4’s recent external funding wins.
- Explore the benefits of collaborating with colleagues across the GW4 Alliance, and our external partners.
- Learn how to apply for funding to develop new or existing research and innovation communities and other activities (up to £20K for research projects and £5K development awards).
- Explore how to access expertise and equipment across the GW4 Alliance via our facilities database, including state-of-the-art facilities.
- Discover how to access GW4 archives and special collections across the Alliance.
- Learn about tailored career and professional development support for PGRs, ECRs and technical staff including our GW4 Connect programme, GW4 Crucible and GW4WARD.
- Free lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Formed in 2013, the GW4 Alliance was officially launched at the House of Commons in October 2014 and is funded by our member universities to promote collaboration and innovation. We build research capacity to tackle global challenges and provide a rich environment to develop the researchers of tomorrow. Find out more about our work at www.gw4.ac.uk
Who should attend?
The session is open to all staff, researchers and academics with an interest in learning more about the GW4 Alliance. It will be particularly useful to colleagues who work in Research & Development, Library Staff, Communications & Marketing, Doctoral Colleges and Entities, for example, and Professional Services roles who work with researchers and academic members of staff.
The event will also be of interest to researchers (including ECRs and PGRs) and staff interested in our programmes of work or funding schemes.
How to join
Please register to attend and submit any dietary requirements via Microsoft Forms, by 2nd April 2024. A more detailed agenda will be shared in due course.
For any further information or questions about the event, please contact the GW4 Communications Team at email@example.com.