Building Communities Initiator & Accelerator Funds
The GW4 Building Communities programme is a two stage fund (Initiator Fund and Accelerator Fund) that is designed to enable new, high-quality GW4 research communities to self-assemble or for existing high quality collaborations to enhance their scope. These communities can be in any area of academic endeavour with the purpose of addressing a major research or societal challenge.
The GW4 Initiator Fund – Initiator Funds can be used for workshops, sandpits or other community building or collaborative activities.
The GW4 Accelerator Fund – This funding is for collaborative pump priming activities which will normally position the community to win major external funding. Applicants for the Accelerator Fund will either have successfully completed the Initiator stage or provided evidence of recent activities that have enabled the scoping of research ideas to a level appropriate for direct submission to the Accelerator Fund.
Read more about the GW4 Communities that have been successfully awarded Initiator Funds.
- “Communication for Collaboration” is a resounding success September 17, 2014
- GW4 response to the Consultation on Proposals for Long-Term Capital Investment in Science and Research July 18, 2014
- Building world-leading research communities May 30, 2014
- GW4 launches research fund to tackle world’s ‘grand challenges’ March 7, 2014
- GW4 Alliance launches NERC GW4 Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) to train next generation of environmental scientists January 21, 2014